Do you want all of your bell ringers written for the entire school year for your biology class? Then this resource is for you! This bundle includes all of my biology bell ringers for an entire year of teaching high school biology. Each day comes with 3-5 editable questions that are an excellent way to check in with each student on a daily basis in a quick and effective manner, and my favorite way to start class smoothly and effectively. I call them Prime Times because I believe the first five minutes of class are the most important – setting the tone for the rest of the period. Don’t use bell ringers? These 210 days of assessments can be used as daily quizzes or exit slips too!
What content is in this bundle?
I include bell ringers for every day of the core 7 units and 3 extension mini-units in my full year biology curriculum, listed below.
- Biology Basics Unit, covering topics related to the scientific method, experimental design, glassware, measurements, and macromolecules
- Cells Unit, covering topics related to organelles, transport, mitosis, and cancer
- Energy Flow Unit, covering topics related to enzymes, ATP, photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and food webs
- Genetics Unit, covering topics related to DNA structure, replication, protein synthesis, and meiosis
- Heredity Unit, covering topics related to Mendelian genetics, complex inheritance patterns, pedigrees, mutations, and genetic engineering
- Evolution Unit, covering topics related to natural selection, macroevolution, microevolution, Hardy Weinberg calculations, and phylogeny
- Ecology Unit, covering topics related to ecological organization, interrelationships of organisms, biogeochemical cycles, taxonomy, and succession
- Plants Mini Unit, covering plant structure, reproduction, and adaptations.
- Pathogens Mini Unit, covering bacteria and virus structure and reproduction, diseases, and an overview of the immune system
- Homeostasis Mini Unit, covering feedback mechanisms, cell communication, and an overview of the body systems
How can I use this in my classroom?
- As a bell ringer or warm up to get students settled for class
- As a daily quiz to assess students each day
- As an exit slip to check for understanding at the end of class
What is included?
- 10 different units of content (listed above)
- 210 slides for 210 days of bell ringers/daily quizzes, all of which are editable, and MORE than you need so you can pick and choose which to use!
- Weekly answer sheets for students
- Answer keys
- 3 pages of implementation notes and helpful hints
Why should I use this product in my classroom?
*How is this resource distance learning compatible?*
Looking for other biology resources?
Looking for other bell ringer resources like this one?
What if I have a question?
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, blogposts, and freebies?
Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
Upload this product to any unsecured website or server that other teachers can access for free.
Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.
Use the resources for commercial use, such as teaching a course on Outschool or a similar platform using these resources.